Kelp is a type of edible seaweed that is one of the more common members of the brown algae family. It grows in large formations known as kelp forests or kelp beds, and has been used to treat rheumatism and arthritis, as well as patients undergoing chemotherapy to help reduce the negative effects of the treatment process. Kelp is rich in iron, natural sodium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus and calcium. It is also known for its high levels of vitamins, including vitamins A, B, C, D, E and K, as well as numerous minerals, trace elements and amino acids.
Health benefits include:
- Aiding in the operation of the glandular system due to the high amount of iodine upon which the glandular system is dependent. A key component in maintaining metabolism.
- Improves operation of the immune system.
- Strengthens body tissue.
- Absorbs toxins in the digestive system.
- Can act as a demulcent, relieving irritation and minor pain from coughing.
- Can reduce high blood pressure.
- Promotes healthy skin.
- Useful as an alternative for salt, due to richness in sodium.
The species Palmaria palmata is a type of red algae that grows on the northern coasts of the Atlantic and Pacific oceans that people have harvested for hundreds of years as a food source, as a skin care and cosmetic ingredient, and as a nutritional supplement. It is a well-known snack food. In Iceland, where it is known as söl, it has been an important source of fiber for centuries. Available either fresh or dried, Dulse is a great source of minerals and vitamins as it contains all trace elements needed by humans. It is rich in nutrients like iron, magnesium, vitamins A, C, E and B vitamins, calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc and iodine. It also has very high protein content. Benefits include:
- Low in calories and high in protein, Dulse can be used as an effective way to control weight.
- Contains essential enzymes which help your body to produce energy from sugars.
- High protein content makes it an important vegetable for people who cannot get their protein from animal products.
- Improves skin condition and promotes a healthy complexion.
- Finely diced, it can also be used as a flavor enhancer in meat dishes, such as chili, in place of MSG.
Here are the products that include these two fantastic Sea Veggies in ideal quantities for daily use.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product.